Everyone knows Ian Malcolm. There’s even fan fiction literotica about him. It was like shooting fish in a barrel, I know, I know.
But there’s a character in the book whose role is severely diminished in the movie, and he’s like, an unsung hero of Jurassic fucking Park. Really unsung, because he uhm MADE ALL THE DINOSAURS.
Without Dr. Wu, the story would have ended with a delusional old man with a mosquito cane.
About Dr. Henry Wu
- child prodgy
- studied at MIT
- chief geneticist at JP
- Not much of a social life
- because he spends most of his time uhm making dinosaurs
- is primarily out to make a name for himself
- you know, be famous as the dude who cloned dinosaurs
- which is pretty panty-removeworthy as it is
- When Malcolm says the scientists are more worried about if they COULD
- than if they SHOULD
- clone dinosaurs
- Wu is pretty much the definition of that.
- He’s focused on his work right up until the end
- when a raptor jumps on him and eats him.
- Yes, in the book, he dies
- A genius
- who clones dinosaurs
- I mean, do we need to really know anything else?
- in the book he actually does have the foresight
- to try to engineer the dinosaurs to be slower
- but Hammond is like LOL no.
- But Wu isn’t a moron
- He just has a moron boss
- NO KIDS
- that’s really important, everyone
- I don’t want no baby mama drama
- Or ex drama
- Which Wu seems to have none of since he just is smart and clones dinosaurs.
- No sense of humor
- I mean, maybe it’s hard to have a sense of humor on raptor fucking island
- But like, Wu never cracks a smile, man.
- it’s all dinos, cloning, oh wow they’re breeding, oh crap I’m dead
- like, when is it going to be about ME?
- He lacks a sense of the big picture
- Like, if Ian Malcolm is all about ethics and big picture
- Wu is the opposite
- so focused on the task at hand
- like tunnel vision focused on the task at hand
- right until a raptor is eating his ass
- So like, booksmart, not streetsmart
I’d hit that, if I could get him away from dinosaurs for more than fifteen minutes. But I get it, he wants to be a famous scientist forever.
Also, don’t tell Ian Malcolm. He might get jealous. Actually, he probably wouldn’t. Wait, why am I worried about the feelings of fictional characters?
The best thing: Wu’s queue is shorter than Malcolm’s. I’m behind Dilophosaurus. Rating: BIEN SEXXI.