YA books are always tricky because, well, the characters are underage. So I decided to review the one sexually active, male character in the book who is definitely of legal age . . . because he is from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Criminal. Protector of the universe. Participant in No-Shave-November. Photo credit: Wookieepedia
Keep in mind that I will be reviewing Chewbacca as he appears in “Turtles All the Way Down” by John Green and not necessarily how he appears in the Star Wars movies.
Get it? Got it? Good.
About Chewie in TATWD:
- Is a character of Star Wars erotic fan fiction written by Daisy
- (best friend of the main character)
- Dating Rey
- That’s right, Chewie is dating Rey.
- Owes a life debt to a really annoying character
- who he should really just let die
- because in all of Daisy’s fan fiction, it doesn’t seem like Chewie and Rey actually
- you know
- seal the deal.
- Speaks three wookie languages
- Knowing multiple languages is always hot
- Willing to die for his spouse
- and protect the galaxy and stuff like that
- is old enough to consent
- can definitely grow a beard
- Chest hair can also be nice
I googled ‘Sexy Chewbacca’ and the results were actually pretty tame. Excuse me while I scrub my browser history. Photo credit: Geekologie.
- or…what is the alien form of bestiality?
- As many characters in the book point out, like
- what IS Chewie, and can he rationally consent?
- All of his languages are Wookie languages
- Like he knows three languages and not one of them can be romantic?
- Spanish, French, German, Italian maybe?
- Maybe a little too hairy
- like he’s basically naked all the time, but we never see his
- A trim will do, that’s all I’m saying.
- History of crime.
John Green does this world some justice. I really believed I was reading about teenagers who wrote about Chewbacca doing it with Rey, and then argued over whether Chewbacca could or should do it with Rey.
But this Chewbacca is kind of a wuss who keeps letting an annoying secondary character get in the way of doing it. Rating: Semi-boner, if he can prove he’s sentient enough to consent.
Get TATWD and read about Chewbaccas sexcapades. Do you agree? Disagree? Hate me forever? Only time will tell.
Good news: I’m restarting this blog. Bad news: A lot of shit has happened in the past four years to make George Orwell’s 1984 super relevant.
This book is usually fodder for wanna-be survivalists who think they have it all figured out for when the grid goes down, and you probably had to read it in English class. Or you have to read it for English class now, and you’re scanning my blog for deep analysis.
Or you’re terrified of Donald Trump.
- He’s kind of in this shitty middle class
- where he’s like,
- not poor and wandering the street
- but he likes watching people who ARE poor and wandering the street
- but Winston is also not high up enough to have luxuries
- basically, you can have free thought in this society if you’re either super poor
- or super rich
- so maybe he should just become poor?
- basically, that he writes shit down
- like dude
- use Snapchat
- or slide into her DMs
- or make memes like
- don’t explicitly write down “the government is lying”
- “and sucks ass”
- “and I’m gettin’ ass”
- I guess Orwell couldn’t have envisioned Snap doe.
- I guess that he’s trying to think?
- and that he can remember stuff for more than a couple of years
- to know that the news is fake news
- and the government is changing the news
- Willing to have forbidden sex
- Not afraid of aggressive chicks
- writes down all of his crimes
- rookie mistake dude
- really enjoys looking at poor people
- kinda weird
- after being tortured, sees his ex and instead of wondering how she is
- like, because she was probably tortured too
- he’s just like
- “oh, she got fat.”
- And he rats her out to the government
He wants to have the ability to think independently while maintaining his middle-class comforts, a feeling I think many of us can understand. His tendency to write down his crimes in a journal is pretty stupid. He also doesn’t seem capable of love. Or keeping his mouth shut.
Rating: Boner-Killer: He’s a snitch.