YA books are always tricky because, well, the characters are underage. So I decided to review the one sexually active, male character in the book who is definitely of legal age . . . because he is from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Criminal. Protector of the universe. Participant in No-Shave-November. Photo credit: Wookieepedia
Keep in mind that I will be reviewing Chewbacca as he appears in “Turtles All the Way Down” by John Green and not necessarily how he appears in the Star Wars movies.
Get it? Got it? Good.
About Chewie in TATWD:
- Is a character of Star Wars erotic fan fiction written by Daisy
- (best friend of the main character)
- Dating Rey
- That’s right, Chewie is dating Rey.
- Owes a life debt to a really annoying character
- who he should really just let die
- because in all of Daisy’s fan fiction, it doesn’t seem like Chewie and Rey actually
- you know
- seal the deal.
- Speaks three wookie languages
- Knowing multiple languages is always hot
- Willing to die for his spouse
- and protect the galaxy and stuff like that
- is old enough to consent
- can definitely grow a beard
- Chest hair can also be nice
I googled ‘Sexy Chewbacca’ and the results were actually pretty tame. Excuse me while I scrub my browser history. Photo credit: Geekologie.
- or…what is the alien form of bestiality?
- As many characters in the book point out, like
- what IS Chewie, and can he rationally consent?
- All of his languages are Wookie languages
- Like he knows three languages and not one of them can be romantic?
- Spanish, French, German, Italian maybe?
- Maybe a little too hairy
- like he’s basically naked all the time, but we never see his
- A trim will do, that’s all I’m saying.
- History of crime.
John Green does this world some justice. I really believed I was reading about teenagers who wrote about Chewbacca doing it with Rey, and then argued over whether Chewbacca could or should do it with Rey.
But this Chewbacca is kind of a wuss who keeps letting an annoying secondary character get in the way of doing it. Rating: Semi-boner, if he can prove he’s sentient enough to consent.
Get TATWD and read about Chewbaccas sexcapades. Do you agree? Disagree? Hate me forever? Only time will tell.
Wow, someone made a sexy Mr. Tumnus. I may have to do this next. Damn.
I first had to read this book when I was in Catholic school. I don’t want to hear about how Aslan symbolizes Jesus, or how having sex with animals is wrong. We all know Aslan the Lion is supposed to be a badass rugged dude. And, since he’s sentient and self-aware and all that, I’m going to count him as human, not animal.
- He’s a lion
- he’s supposed to rule Narnia
- but he’s not there for some reason
- kinda like Simba in The Lion King.
- he’s a savior
- so he’s doomed to die
- but he wants to or something
This was actually the tamest sexy fanart I could find. I found this other one where the beast was having sex with Scar, but it was a little much.
- he’s this rugged, self-sacrificing, giant lion
- who is smart
- so it’s totally fine to be in love with him
- hey, you all saw Beauty and the Beast
- you all know she had sex with a lion
- so don’t pretend this is weird.
- he gave up himself to the witch
- to save Edmund
- the little boy
- who was kind of a little shit
- lets the witch take control for a while
- and that prevents Christmas from happening
- even though like,
- if Aslan was just there the whole time
- Christmas would continue on
- don’t really understand why he was gone for so long
- letting Narnia go to hell and all.
- He also makes Peter a knight
- and he’s a little kid
- way to use child soldiers, Aslan
- came back from the dead
- I’m a little weird about screwing things that were once dead
- it’s not entirely a deal breaker, though
It would have been cool and self-sacrificing if Aslan really gave himself up to save Edmund. But really, Aslan knew there was a “deeper magic” or whatever, so he already knew that if the witch killed him in Edmund’s place, that he’d come back.
So it’s like, he didn’t really sacrifice himself, because he knew he would come back to life. So that whole sentimental thing was phony.
Rating: Boner-Killer. Not because he’s a lion, or Jesus, but because he’s a phony at the end of the day.
Haven’t read it? You can fix that.