Good news: I’m restarting this blog. Bad news: A lot of shit has happened in the past four years to make George Orwell’s 1984 super relevant.
This book is usually fodder for wanna-be survivalists who think they have it all figured out for when the grid goes down, and you probably had to read it in English class. Or you have to read it for English class now, and you’re scanning my blog for deep analysis.
Or you’re terrified of Donald Trump.
- He’s kind of in this shitty middle class
- where he’s like,
- not poor and wandering the street
- but he likes watching people who ARE poor and wandering the street
- but Winston is also not high up enough to have luxuries
- basically, you can have free thought in this society if you’re either super poor
- or super rich
- so maybe he should just become poor?
- basically, that he writes shit down
- like dude
- use Snapchat
- or slide into her DMs
- or make memes like
- don’t explicitly write down “the government is lying”
- “and sucks ass”
- “and I’m gettin’ ass”
- I guess Orwell couldn’t have envisioned Snap doe.
- I guess that he’s trying to think?
- and that he can remember stuff for more than a couple of years
- to know that the news is fake news
- and the government is changing the news
- Willing to have forbidden sex
- Not afraid of aggressive chicks
- writes down all of his crimes
- rookie mistake dude
- really enjoys looking at poor people
- kinda weird
- after being tortured, sees his ex and instead of wondering how she is
- like, because she was probably tortured too
- he’s just like
- “oh, she got fat.”
- And he rats her out to the government
He wants to have the ability to think independently while maintaining his middle-class comforts, a feeling I think many of us can understand. His tendency to write down his crimes in a journal is pretty stupid. He also doesn’t seem capable of love. Or keeping his mouth shut.
Rating: Boner-Killer: He’s a snitch.